HIV and AIDS epidemic in recent years tends to increase sharply
On Thursday, October 22, 2009 in Praja Mandala Room of Klungkung Regent Agency, I and friends from various related government agencies and community components follow the socialization meeting of HIV and AIDS tackling strategy the invitation of the National AIDS Commission (NAC) of Klungkung regency. In the event, which was opened by Mr. Vice Regent of Klungkung (Chief Executive of NAC of Klungkung regency), by displaying the two presenters of the NAC Secretariat Klungkung regency (dr. R. Herman Hartanto, MKes) and Health Departement of Klungkung regency (I Nyoman Sidang, SKM, MKes) it was revealed that HIV and AIDS Epidemic in the province of Bali, including the Regency of Klungkung in recent years tends to increase sharply, so the challenge is more complicated and complex. HIV / AIDS cases in the Klungkung District cumulative reported since it was first discovered in 2002 until the end of the year 2008 as many as 46 cases (zero surveys, UTD PMI, Clinic VCT), whereas in 2009 (this year) data (from January to September) has reached 15 cases.
Progression of HIV and AIDS disease is so rapid response has been received from various and different levels of government (central, provincial, district). Klungkung regency in the response to more focused and coordinated Klungkung regency government has established the National AIDS Commission (NAC) Klungkung regency, last on Klungkung Regent Decree No. 105 of 2008 on the establishment of National AIDS Commission (NAC) Klungkung regency.
Begins with the magnitude of the problem experienced in Klungkung regency, the NAC of Klungkung regency has developed a variety of promotional efforts and preventive measures, especially with different strategies for knowledge and increased public awareness over the dam to prevent transmission of HIV / AIDS in the community.
The things important to know to avoid of HIV / AIDS disease:
- AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome) is a collection of symptoms due to decreased immunity after infection / infected with HIV virus; HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) is the virus that causes decreased immunity, the body becomes very weak and easily affected by various diseases; When body of the HIV virus, for 5-10 years we may look in good health, but in our bodies have the HIV virus which continued to proliferate (HIV +).
- The HIV virus is found in blood, semen, vaginal fluid and breast milk.
- Transmission of HIV, especially through: partner sexual relations with HIV without using condoms; via hypodermic needles / other puncture tool used in conjunction with HIV; transfusion of blood containing HIV; HIV + pregnant woman to her fetus, delivery time and the time of HIV + mothers breastfeeding.
- The high risk of HIV infection: Women and men changing sexual partners and spouses; Women and men sex peddlers and their customers; injecting drug user is using shared needles.
Prevention of HIV / AIDS:
- Abstinence. Do not do sexual relationship (before marriage).
- Be Faithfully. Mutually faithful to one sexual partner (not alternating).
- Condom. Using a condom when doing risky sex.
- Do not inject. Avoid the use of needle / syringe is not sterile.
- Education. Always seek the correct information about HIV / AIDS.